Thin@ is a professional Smart Client Solution for Clarion which transforms Clarion applications into SaaS Business Internet Applications.
The first Thin@ Case Studies ClarionLive! webinar featured Ton Van Den Broek, Russ Eggen and Andy Karzmacky from ClarionTools!
Ton and Russ demoed their Thin@ applications in production and after that Andy K. and Daniel showed ClarionTools demo apps running with Thin@ in the GoDaddy Cloud.
You can download the webinar recording.
Note: We had some technical difficulties during the Thin@-ClarionTools support section of the webinar, which were solved after the webinar. This is a short description of the problems and their cause:
1st Issue: Printing in the Thin@-ClarionTools demo app did not work as expected. Cause: Too many WMF files have been generated in the temp folder on the server. Solution: Clearing out the temp files and turning on the Auto-Cleanup feature solved the problem.
2nd Issue: A window in the Thin@-ClarionTool app did not appear as expected. Cause: Window position saving bug in Clarion that puts the window off the display. Solution: Turning off saving of the window position in Clarion.
Thin@ 2.1 was presented on June 8th, 2012 on a ClarionLive! webinar. You can download the webinar recording here.
These are some of the new features that were presented:
+ Thin@ Server max. sessions boost
+ Thin@ Server Start-As-Service feature
+ Thin@ Smart Client ActiveX RIA power
You can download Thin@ 2.1 here
Thin@ 2.1. Leap into the future.
Thin@ was presented at the Clarion International Developer Conference 2011 in Orlando. Apart from the presentation, people were also able to attend to Thin@ hands-on workshops.
Click here to read a special conference report prepared by Thin@ representatives.
We have measured Thin@ 2.0 system performance and compared it to MS Remote Desktop Services 2008 (TS) system performance. Download the test results in a form of a PowerPoint presentation.
You can also download the original benchmark results that can be previewed interactively with the MMC Performance Monitor ActiveX. There are many more counters available, including page file use, disk I/O etc. To use it, unpack the archive to your C:\ folder and open the HTML file in Internet Explorer. You can then add/remove counters as you prefer.
If you want to read older news, visit our news archive.
1. Do you feel overwhelmed by new technologies? We have a solution. Don't waste time rewriting your applications in
other programming languages.
2. Host your applications and make them available on the intranet/ internet 24/7.
3. Run your applications using different presentation layers and on various OS platforms
4. Gain robust system security through native 3-tier technology: database, application and presentation
5. Bring your business to a new level in a matter of days and never lose business deals again because of your "unortodox technology"
6. Offer your Software as a Service and reduce the initial costs of your application(s) so that you attract more customers